Osteoporosis: DXA Studies
Osteoporosis > Risk Factors
- Are you over the age of 45?
- Do you consume three or more caffeine beverages a day?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you consume low amounts of dairy products?
- Do you have a family history of osteoporosis?
- Have you had a fractured bone as an adult?
- Do you suffer from a thyroid condition?
- Are you of Caucasian or Asian descent?
- Do you have a small frame?
- Do you take steroid medications?
- Do you frequently drink alcohol?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you could be at risk for osteoporosis.
If you think you may be at risk for osteoporosis, call Colonial Orthopaedics at (804) 518-1300 to schedule your DXA, or ask your physician if a bone density test is right for you.