Sharad N. Saraiya, MD, FAAOS
Trauma & Joint ReplacementView on YouTube
Dr. Saraiya has been in practice for the last 28 years. After graduating from a residency program in orthopaedic surgery from New York City, he started a practice in southwest Virginia prior to joining Colonial Orthopaedics in 1989.
His practice comprises of varieties of orthopaedic disorders with special interest in nonoperative and operative treatment of knee disorders including Total Knee Replacement. He also has special interest in would healing and is serving as a panel physician for WHC at SRMC.
Dr. Saraiya is board certified in orthopaedic surgery and has served in different capacities at area hospitals including; Chairman of the Department of Surgery at John Randolph Medical Center (JRMC) and also Southside Regional Medical Center, Chief of Medical Staff for JRMC. He is currently serving as Board of Trustee at John Randolph Medical Center.
He sees patients in both Colonial Heights near South Park Mall and Chester near Rivers Bend Shopping Center. His office hours are on Monday and Thursday. He has surgical privileges at area hospitals that include St. Francis Hospital, SRMC and JRMC.
Education and Training
- Residency: Catholic Medical Center of Brooklyn and Queens, Inc, New York, 1984 – Orthopaedic Surgery
- Internship: Shri Sayajirao General Hospital, Baroda, India, 1976
- Medical School: Medical College and Shri Sayajirao General Hospital, Baroda, India, 1974
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1992
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Southside Regional Medical Center
- Richmond Community Hospital
- St. Francis Medical Center
- CJW Medical Centers, Johnston Willis Campus & Chippenham Campus
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Virginia Orthopaedic Society
- Richmond Academy of Medicine
- Richmond Orthopaedic Club