Foot & Ankle
Seth J. Schweitzer, DPM
Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
Dr. Schweitzer was born and raised in Oceanside, New York. He graduated from Binghamton University in upstate New York with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. Dr. Schweitzer earned his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He went on to complete a comprehensive one-year podiatric medical residency and then a two-year podiatric surgical residency from Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York, which is a teaching affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Dr. Schweitzer joined Colonial Orthopaedics in May 2011 after being in private practice with Southern Virginia Foot and Ankle Center and has been practicing podiatric medicine and surgery in Virginia since 1996. He is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He is a member of the Virginia Podiatric Medical Association and the American Podiatric Medical Association. Dr. Schweitzer has served as the Chief of Podiatric Services at Bon Secours Saint Francis Medical Center from 2005 to 2009 and is currently on the Medical Executive Committee for the Colonial Heights Surgical Center.
Dr. Schweitzer is committed to providing the most professional and ethical podiatric medical and surgical care to his patients and strives to incorporate the latest technologies into his practice for the main purpose of delivering quality patient care.
His office is conveniently located in Colonial Heights and his office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. He has surgical privileges at SRMC, Colonial Heights Surgery Center, JRMC, and SFMC
Education and Training
- Residency: Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, 374 Stockholm Street, Brooklyn, New York, Podiatric Surgical Resident: July 1994-June 1996, Rotating Podiatric Resident: July 1993-June 1994
- Medical School: Temple School of Podiatric Medicine, Eighth and Race Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: 1989-1993
- Undergraduate: Binghampton University, Binghamton, New York, Bachelor of Science in Biology: 1985-1989
- American Board of Podiatric Surgeons, 2000
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Southside Regional Medical Center
- Richmond Community Hospital
- St. Francis Medical Center
- CJW Medical Centers, Johnston Willis Campus & Chippenham Campus
- American Board of Podiatric Surgeons - Diplomat
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons - Fellow
- Virginia Podiatric Medical Association
- Podiatric Political Action Committee
- Colonial heights Surgery Center, 2009-present
- St. Francis Medical Center, 2005-2008
- Ironbridge Medical Park, 2000-2005
- Rubin L, Schweitzer S, The Use of Acellular Biologic Tissue Patches in Foot and Ankle Surgery. Clin Podiatr Med Surg 2005:22:533-552.