Dr. Sharma has been in practice for 3 years with Colonial Orthopaedics after completing fellowship training at Harvard Sports medicine and cartilage repair center in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Sharma was selected as one of Richmond Magazine’s “Top Docs” in Sports Medicine for 2010.
Apart from his interest in General Orthopaedics and fracture care, he specializes in:
- Treatment of Shoulder, Knee and Hip Pain
- Advanced arthroscopic surgery for the Shoulder, Knee and Hip
- Shoulder and Knee joint replacement
- Knee ligament injuries - Minimally Invasive ACL Surgery
- Cartilage repair and transplant
Dr. Sharma is also Board Certified in Family Medicine and believes that his medical background helps him tremendously to provide comprehensive and compassionate care to his patients.
His offices are conveniently located in Chester near Rivers Bend Shopping Center and Colonial Heights near South Park Mall. His office hours are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He has surgical privileges at St. Francis hospital SRMC, JRMC, CJW Hospital, and Colonial Heights Surgical Center.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 2008 – Sports Medicine
- Residency: Hamot Medical Center, Erie, Pennsylvania, 2007 – Orthopaedic Surgery, Hamot Medical Center, Erie, Pennsylvania, 2006 – Family Medicine
- Research Fellowship: UCSF, San Francisco, CA, 1993 – Orthopaedics, Hand & Micro vascular Surgery
- Internship: Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Shimla, HP, India, 1993
- Medical School: Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Shimla, HP, India, 1992
- Undergraduate: DAV College, Chandigarh, India, 1987
- American Board of Family Practice, June 2001
- John Randolph Medical Center, Pending Active
- Southside Regional Medical Center, Pending Active
- Richmond Community Hospital, Pending Active
- St. Francis Medical Center, Pending Active
- CJW Medical Centers, Johnston Willis Campus & Chippenham Campus, Pending Courtesy
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association