Allan S. Wax, DPM, FACFAS
Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
Dr. Allan S. Wax attended East Stroudsburg University in Pennsylvania and entered the University's accelerated medical program. His major was prepodiatry with a minor in biology. He earned his B.S. in these fields in 1982. Dr. Wax then went on to attend the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine located in center city Philadelphia. Dr. Wax did medical rotations at three private hospitals in Philadelphia, as well as, a hospital in Michigan.
He also did medical rotations at the Veterans Administration Hospitals in Tucson, Arizona, and Philadelphia, Pennsyvania. He completed his work in podiatric medicine at Temple in 1986 earning his doctorate degree. Dr. Wax then traveled to New York City for his residency at the Medical Arts Center Hospital in Manhattan. He spent two years in training, learning foot/ankle surgery. During the same period of time, 1986-1988, Dr. Wax also did a podiatric fellowship at the Queens Hospital Center in Jamaica, New York. This involved working in the podiatric clinic where he treated multiple types of foot/ankle problems.
After completing his residency in 1988, Dr. Wax moved here to practice in the Richmond and Tri-City area. He is on staff at many of the area hospitals including CJW medical center, St Francis, John Randolph, SRMC, Henrico Doctors, Retreat, and Memorial Regional Medical Center. He is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery, and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
When not practicing medicine, Dr. Wax enjoys spending time with his family and getting out on the road to ride his Harley.
Education and Training
- Residency: Medical Arts Center Hospital, New York, NY, 1986-1988, Podiatric Surgical Residency (foot/ankle)
- Medical School: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 1982-1986, DPM
- Undergraduate: East Stroudsburg University, E. Stroudsburg, PA 1979-1982 - Bio/Pre-Podiatry
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery, 1994
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Fellow American College Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow American Society of Podiatric Surgery (Founding Member)
- Virginia Podiatric Medical Association
- Richmond Academy of Podiatric Medicine
- Rep for Mid-Atlantic Podiatric Medical Association